The Society supports women writers and promotes Australian literature, sponsoring competitions and awards for members as well as women writers.
This grant is held biennially and is open to all paid-up members for the financial year 2021-2022. It supports one winner to attend eight Workshops and three Literary Luncheon meetings held by the Society at the State Library of NSW or another venue.
Conditions of entry:
- You must have been a member for a full twelve months before applying
- You must be a financial member for the period 2021-2022
- Only one submission will be accepted per member
- This grant will be awarded as non-transferable vouchers to be used by March 2023
- The judge’s decision is final
Applications must be submitted as follows:
- Provide 300-500 words, outlining how the grant will enhance your writing
- Your proposal must be typed, 1.5 line-spaced, on one side of A4 paper and must not exceed 500 words in length
- The applicant’s name must not appear on the Word document or the application will be disqualified
- Submit via email OR post – please provide two separate documents – your 300-500 Word document without your name on it and your Application Form
- Submit by 5:00 pm on Friday 2 July 2021
The winner will be awarded the grant at the Society of Women Writers’ Literary Luncheon and AGM on Wednesday 11 August 2021 in the Dixson Room at the State Library of NSW.
Email enquiries to:
Jan Conway - firstname.lastname@example.org
or Rita Shaw - email@example.com
For further details and to obtain an entry form, please download the following document: