Our Society supports women writers and promotes Australian literature, sponsoring competitions and awards for members as well as women writers.
This biennial grant is open to all paid-up members for the financial year 2022-2023. It supports one winner to attend eight Workshops and three Literary events held by The Society at the State Library of NSW. It excludes luncheon events and external workshops.
Conditions of entry:
- You must have been a member for a full twelve months prior to entering
- You must remain a financial member for the period of the grant
- Only one submission will be accepted per member
- This grant will be awarded by non-transferrable vouchers to be used by March 2025
- The judge’s decision is final
Applications must be submitted as follows:
- 300-500 words, outlining how the grant will enhance your writing
- Typed, 1.5 line-spaced, on one side of A4 paper and must not exceed 500 words in length
- The applicant’s name must not appear on the Word document or it will be disqualified
- Submit via email OR post – please provide two separate documents:
a) your 300-500 Word document without your name on it
b) your Application Form
- Submit by 5:00 pm on Friday 7 July 2023
The winner will be awarded the grant at the Society of Women Writers’ Literary event and AGM on Wednesday 9 August 2023 in the Dixson Room at the State Library of NSW.
The winner will be permitted a two-minute acceptance speech.
Email enquiries to:
President – firstname.lastname@example.org
or Jan Conway – email@example.com
For further details and to obtain an entry form, please download either or both of the following documents, provided in Excel and pdf for your convenience. If you wish to print the entry form and mail it, you can use either format however the Excel version can be saved to your computer for easy completion and emailing.