The Society of Women Writers was founded in 1925 by a group of women writers and journalists with the goal of supporting women writers and promoting Australian literature.
Now, as the Society of Women Writers NSW, we sponsor competitions and awards for members as well as competitions open to all women writers.
2019 WRITERS' GRANT
This inaugural grant will be held Biennially, and is open to all paid up members for the financial year 2019-2020. It will support one winner to attend eight SWW Workshops and three Literary Luncheon Meetings held by the Society of Women Writers NSW, at the State Library of NSW, or another venue.
Conditions of entry:
• You must have been a member for a full twelve months
• You must be a financial member for the period 2019/2020
• Only one submission per member
• This grant will be awarded by non-transferrable vouchers and must be used by March 2021
• The judge’s decision is final
Applications must be submitted as follows:
1. Provide 300-500 words, outlining how the grant will enhance your writing.
2. Be typed, 1.5 spaced, on one side of A4 paper and must not exceed 500 words in length. The applicants name must not appear on the word document or it will be disqualified.
3. Via email OR post. Please submit two separate documents (1) your 300 - 500 word document without your name on it and (2) your application form.
4. By 5.00pm on Friday 5 July 2019.
The winner will be awarded the Grant at the Society of Women Writers Literary Luncheon, and AGM on Wednesday 14 August 2019, in the Dixson Room at the Mitchell Library.
The winner will be permitted a two minute acceptance speech.
Email enquiries to: The Society of Women Writers NSW Inc.
Gwen Bitti: email@example.com or Janette Conway: firstname.lastname@example.org