Beyond the Tamar began decades ago with an incident in a flooded tin mine in Cornwall.
A small girl listened to the ‘Little People’ the tinners and thus began a tale.
Beyond the Tamar is three books in one historic saga, set in 1800s Cornwall, Wales and thence to South Australia, encompassing the tin and copper industries.
- Descend underground into a mine shaft and hear the ocean pounding above.
- Travel and live with characters who share the attributes of the industrial revolution, slavery and the slate industry.
- Experience the emotional impact of leaving a familiar life to set out for the unknown.
- Share the emergence of the pastoral industry, gold rush finds and interactions with indigenous peoples.
- Discover the impact of Germanic populations, their wine and pottery industries, their religious beliefs and so much more.
Available from Amazon, Koorong Books, Booktopia, Arkhouse Press and various websites.